This exciting online event is brought to you in collaboration with Dr Mahdi Bodaghi from Nottingham Trent University (NTU). Mahdi is an academic and innovator in Smart Materials, Metamaterials and 3D/4D Printing Technologies, and the co-founder of the 4D Printing Society.
Our event will feature a lineup of expert speakers, all pioneers in the realm of 4D printing. Together, they will engage in panel discussions that offer a comprehensive global perspective on the profound impact of materials, design, and additive manufacturing (AM) on the behaviours of 4D printed objects. Moreover, you can anticipate gaining fresh insights into the art of design for 4D printing.
During this event, we’ll delve into the latest advancements and cutting-edge technologies in smart materials, intelligent design practices, multi-physics modelling, and 3D/4D printing. We’ll also explore the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead in the continued development of 3D/4D printed devices.
Provisional Agenda from 10am
- Ali Zolfagharian – Deakin University, Australia. Crafting Tomorrow’s Robotics by 4D Printing.
- Frédéric Demoly – Belfort-Montbeliard University of Technology, France. Challenges in Designing for 4D Printing.
- Dimitrios Lamprou – Queen’s University Belfast, UK. 3D and 4D Printing Applications in Pharmaceutics
- Moataz Attallah – University of Birmingham, UK. Additive of Manufacturing of Mechanical Metamaterials using Shape Memory and Superelastic Alloys.
- Charlie C.L. Wang – University of Manchester, UK. Optimization-Based Geometric Computing for Deformable Structures.
- Dennis Douroumis – University of Greenwich, UK. 3D Printing for Pharmaceutical and Medical Applications.
Further information can be found at the following link: