Additive manufacturing of organic matrix composites, whether through automated fiber placement (AFP), 3D printing (FFF), or 4D printing, represents a tremendous opportunity to re-invent materials and structures.
Add Fab Comp i.e. Additive Fabrication of composites is an international conference whose purpose is to gather the latest research on exciting topics including (but not limited to) :
- Design methods for additive manufacturing (IA, machine learning, topological optimization, material by design, biomimicry, etc.)
- New materials and new functionalities (Architectured materials, biocomposites, smart materials, multi-materials, etc.)
- Advanced process development and technology (new process, monitoring…),
- Process modeling and simulation (thermo-mechanical coupling, etc.),
- Microstructure and Induced singularities and defects,
- Characterization and innovative properties (multi-function, morphing, mechanical, fatigue, aging, etc.)
- 4D printing (design, material and multifunctional properties, etc.)
- Industrialization and applications (Aerospace, automotive, naval, defense, etc.
This third edition will be hosted as an online event and will be dedicated to French/Japanese dialogue on Additive manufacturing of composite materials The conference will take place on 8-9 December 2022.
The event will be live (France Time, UTC+1), which will allow us to organize the interventions taking into account the different time differences.
About PHC SAKURA
PHC-Sakura is a scientific cooperation program, whose main objectives are to develop French-Japanese research collaborations in all fields of science while fostering the participation of young researchers. Its management is handled on the French side by the Embassy of France to Japan – on behalf of French ministries of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) and Higher education, Innovation and Research (MESRI) – whilst the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) handles the activities on the Japanese side. For each edition of the program, 12 projects are chosen by a bilateral scientific committee, on the basis of scientific excellency. Calls for projects for the 2022-2023 edition are now open.